This has to be one of the simplest recipes of all times. It’s also comfort food. What’s better than comfort food that doesn’t involve a lot of effort? Hmm? Not much. Except for macarons, but who says you can’t still have those for dessert, hej? This blogpost is what my version is based on btw.
1. Slice 1 Aubergine into 1.5 (ish) cm thick slices and cover with some salt. Leave for 10 Minutes.
2. Get rid of the liquid that came out of the aubergines with some kitchen roll.
3. Cut the slices into cubes and mix with olive oil, cayenne pepper, pepper and salt. Spread on an oven tray, add two cloves of (peeled) garlic and put in the 200° (ish) hot oven for around 35minutes. They’re done when they’ve taken on some colour and are really really soft.
4. Mix half a jar of tomato puree with a little over 1 tablespoon of sugar and heat up.
5. Cook your pasta.
6. Add in the baked aubergine and garlic and some grated Emmentale cheese and liquidize into a puree.
7. Serve with your pasta.